Want to help develop a world-class tech workplace, right here in Taiwan?
Want to work with some of the world's best growth PMs, designers, and developers?
Come change the world with us! Join this fast-growing startup founded by software veterans and funded by top VCs, public companies, banks, and the Taiwanese government (NDF)!
We are looking for Database Administrators to help us operate and optimize our production.
- Work with technical/development leads to design/review database designs.
- Assist developers in the development and tuning of database queries, stored procedures, indexes, etc.
- Assess and identify database server resource requirements
- Perform capacity planning for databases.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, preventing customer impact.
- Review performance stats and recommend changes for tuning database and application queries.
- Participate in periodic backup audits, including test restores ensuring all databases and associated logs are being backed up.
- Perform application-related deployments to test and production environments.
- Monitor and tune existing databases of high complexity and high business exposure.
- Proactively analyze database implementations and provide recommendations for improvements in performance and efficiency.
- 3+ years of DBA experience in AWS Aurora, MySQL, or other commercial/open source database platforms.
- Experience with migrating mission-critical database environments from one platform to another.
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
- Strong understanding of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Preferred Qualifications.
- Experience in Shell/Perl/Python Scripting.
- Knowledge of replication technologies such as Amazon Database Migration Service, or similar.
- Experience with mission-critical databases across multiple database platforms.
- Experience in Data Modelling, ELT workflow management desired & ability to write, tune SQL queries desired.
- Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control desired.
Good to have:
- Understand the DevOps lifecycle.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD)
Location: Taipei (check us out on Google Maps!)
Regarding our culture