We are building and expanding a Backend team!
Want to develop the best crypto products ever, right here in Taiwan, and offer them to millions of users worldwide?
Want to be based in Taiwan but work in a silicon-valley-like environment, and release world-class products?
Want to work with some of the world's best front end and full-stack developers?
Come change the world with us! Join this fast-growing startup founded by software veterans and funded by top VCs, banks, public companies, and the Taiwanese government (NDF)!
We’re hiring for very experienced back-end developers who have an eye for performance, utility and practicality rather than regurgitating programming patterns from textbooks. Ideally, you will have experiences in both a) Java and in b) AWS current tech such as Lambda & Serverless programming, programmed infrastructure, and DevOps as a philosophy.
Other than Java, the exact mix of other skills does not matter, so long as your tool chest includes a mix of abilities. Be willing to attack anything that comes your way, learn on the fly and get things done. Come talk to us if you love engineering and want to push your skill set in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Develop and build robust, scalable, clean and understandable server code.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs that is simple, intuitive, easy to test and fit to
- Troubleshoot, debug and optimize server code.
- Design and maintain well-structured, scalable and efficient database schemas.
- Write API documentation for API users, server documentation for Ops users.
- Participate and collaborate with functional teams.
- Take ownership and responsibility for our backend development activities.
- Report to Backend Team Leader.
- 6+ years experience in backend code developing role.
- Strong Java, Spring / Spring Boot development experience.
- Strong technical development experience on effectively writing code, best practices code refactoring and GoF Design Patterns.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS such as MySQL.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs is a must.
- Knowledge of NoSQL such as Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Experience using Git / Git Flow to manage asynchronous collaboration across teams.
- Experience in Agile development lifecycle methodology.
- Moderate English.
- The skills assist the company in resolving technical issues concerning customer's accounts or company software infrastructure. A Technical Support Engineer will also support computer software integration by diagnosing and troubleshooting common problems.
Good to have:
- Experience in AWS cloud computing services.
- Experience in Python, Go and micro-services development.
- Experience with API documentation tools such as Swagger.
- Knowledge with database versioning tools such as Flyway, LiquiBase.
- Knowledge with CI/CD deployment flow.
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of
microservices architecture and associated principles.
- Knowledge of managing data consistency in distributed systems.
- Experience working with asynchronous systems.
Location: Taipei (check us out on Google Maps!)
Regarding our culture