Want to build a worldwide brand from Taiwan, and to communicate our brand story to millions of users worldwide?
Want to be based in Taiwan but work in a silicon-valley-like environment, and to build world-class brand and products?
Want to participate in the global fintech and blockchain movement, and work at an English-speaking workplace?
Come change the world with us! Join this fast-growing startup founded by software veterans and funded by top VCs, Skype co-founders, and the Taiwanese government (NDF)!
We’re hiring for an experienced Java Backend Developer. The exact mix of other skills does not matter, so long as your tool chest includes a mix of abilities.Be willing to attack anything that comes your way, learn on the fly and get things done.
Come talk to us if you want to push your skillset in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Develop and build robust, scalable, clean and understandable server code
- Design and implement RESTful APIs that is simple, intuitive, easy to test and fit to business requirements
- Troubleshoot, debug and optimize server code
- Design and maintain well-structured, scalable and efficient database schemas
- Write API documentation for API users, server documentation for Ops users
- Participate and collaborate with functional teams
- Take ownership and responsibility for our backend development activities
- Report to Backend Team Leader
- 3+ years experience in backend code developing role
- Strong Java, Spring / Spring Boot development experience
- Strong technical development experience on effectively writing code, best practices code refactoring and GoF Design Patterns
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS such as MySQL
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs is a must
- Knowledge of NoSQL such as Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience using Git / Git Flow to manage asynchronous collaboration across teams
- Experience in Agile development lifecycle methodology
- Moderate English
- The skills assist the company in resolving technical issues concerning customer's accounts or company software infrastructure
- A Technical Support Engineer will also support computer software integration by diagnosing and troubleshooting common problems
Good to have
- Experience in AWS cloud computing services
- Experience in Python, Go and micro-services development
- Experience with API documentation tools such as Swagger
- Knowledge with database versioning tools such as Flyway, LiquiBase
- Knowledge with CI/CD deployment flow
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles
- Knowledge of managing data consistency in distributed systems
- Experience working with asynchronous systems
Location: Taipei (check us out on Google Maps!)
Regarding our culture